The Michigan College Access Network (MCAN) in close partnership Michigan colleges and universities, seeks to help more Michigan students pursue postsecondary education. Recent graduates (Bachelor’s) will serve as AdviseMI AmeriCorps advisers in selected high schools across Michigan, particularly those that are located in communities with low college-going rates and low adult educational attainment rates. Serving alongside high school counselors and other school professionals, advisers will support students as they make the transition from high school to a postsecondary education institution. Advisers serve full time and focus on advising students, especially those from low-income backgrounds, through the complex steps toward college enrollment. Advisers will provide students and their families with relevant information regarding the benefits of a postsecondary education, preparing for college attendance, and the admission and financial aid processes.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Michigan College Access Network
AmeriCorps College Adviser Openings:
- Brethren High School/CASMAN Academy
- Bear Lake High School/Onekama High School
- Hart High School/Shelby High School
- Alcona High School/ Oscoda Area High School
We are looking for college advisers Applicants that must be a United States citizen, a national, or a legal permanent resident and at least 18 years of age. Documentation of proof of age and citizenship will be required during the selection process.
· Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with a 2016, 2017 or 2018 graduation date, from one of our partner institutions with an opening: (Central Michigan University, Kalamazoo College, Madonna University, Northern Michigan University, Olivet College, University of Michigan-Dearborn,Western Michigan University
· Ability to effectively partner with students, faculty, and staff including those from diverse backgrounds
· Previous experience demonstrating strong leadership abilities, influencing others in a positive manner while achieving goals, and effectively communicating ideas and generating support for ideas
· Ability to serve independently and analytically, exercise discretion and good judgment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficient computer skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects; strong planning and organizational skills
· Willingness to handle complex and detail-oriented tasks and projects
· High energy, creativity, ability to assume responsibility; take initiative and develop new programs
· Successfully pass Federal and State background screening
· Provide documentation of eligibility for service (e.g. birth certificate, passport, transcripts)
· Dependable transportation to get and from your service site
Please submit a resume that includes a list of three references and their relationship to you and a copy of your unofficial college transcripts
Please submit these application materials to email@example.com
Questions may be directed to AdviseMI program staff at 517.316.1713 or firstname.lastname@example.org