AmeriCorps VISTA Member Position Available!
This position is located at Manistee County Community Foundation (MCCF) in Manistee, Michigan. The AmeriCorps VISTA member will support the goals of MCCF and Launch Manistee, a cradle to career initiative designed to support the success of students from early childhood through adulthood, and ultimately the economic prosperity of Manistee County. The AmeriCorps VISTA member will develop, update and improve procedures and programs to enable MCCF and Launch Manistee to achieve the greatest impact possible. Member activities will include developing, updating and improving procedures, creating databases and tracking systems for determining outcome, and marketing, outreach and resource development for MCCF and Launch Manistee.
· Update existing and new scholarship opportunities in the Launch Manistee Scholarship Clearinghouse database
· Assist with the Manistee County Community Foundation and Manistee Commitment Scholarship Programs.
· Develop a job shadowing program to be utilized for students from the six area high schools.
· Assist in planning the Career Expo for high school juniors and seniors.
· Provide outreach and develop fund raising strategies for the Manistee County Preschool Scholarship Program.
· Minimum of a High School Diploma – Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Clean background check
· Be a U.S. citizen, national or legal permanent U.S. alien
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Commit to serving full-time for a year
· Have a passion for giving back!
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter no longer than two pages that summarizes their credentials and interest in the position and a resume with at least 3 professional references.
Materials are to be submitted by June 15, 2018to:
with the subject line “MCCF/Launch Manistee AmeriCorps/VISTA position”
Manistee County Community Foundation,
Launch Manistee AmeriCorps/VISTA position
395 Third Street, Manistee, MI 49660
If you have questions, please contact our offices at 231.723.1486.